A Week in CreteEnjoy a week walking in Crete from Chania.
Enjoy a week walking in beautiful Western Crete from the charm of Chania’s vibrant Old Town, built around a picturesque harbour with tall Venetian houses and quaint narrow streets. Chania has numerous attractions including the excellent naval and archaeological museums and covered markets.
The wild countryside, interspersed with attractive villages, gorges and archaelogical remains; dramatic coastline tracks and lush beach paths all make for a great week’s walking. Add in the local cuisine, swimming from sandy beaches, spectacular vistas and breathtaking scenery and you have the perfect mix.
We have listened to your feedback - see regional flying -
- Swimming opportunities from beautiful sandy beaches visited during the walks.
- Optional gorge walks including the spectacular above grade walk (D+) of the Samaria Gorge (in season).
- Traditional Greek cuisine with dinners at local tavernas.
- From Chania, walk in the foothills of the White Mountains, through olive and citrus groves with spectacular viewpoints.
- From Kastelli walk down the little known Sirikari gorge ending at a taverna for dinner.
- Optional excursion to the Minoan palace of Knossos at Heraklion.
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers.
- B&B en-suite accommodation.
- Dinners taken in local tavernas.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
The simple, family run, two-star Hotel Falassarna, located close to the beach at Nea Chora and a short walk from Chania’s harbour front, except Oct and Nov, when we stay at the El Greco hotel in Chania’s old town.Travel
- Gatwick-Chania (c3hrs 45mins), charter.
- Gatwick-Heraklion 14 Apr (c3hrs 45mins), charter.
- Regional flights from Manchester and Birmingham, please contact us for information and supplements.
- Nov & Dec Heathrow via Athens, Aegean Airlines.
- From Chania airport: Chania (c30mins) & Kastelli (c1hr).
- From Heraklion airport: Chania (c3hrs 15mins) & Kastelli (c3hrs 25mins).
Holiday: Very helpful rep
Holiday: very good leader and walks but rain and wind last couple of days - Samaria Gorge cancelled
Holiday: Enjoyed it so much that I am going back next year to do the D+ holiday.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.
Keith and Teresa Milton