You can purchase insurance through us or another provider. It is your responsibility to check that your policy is adequate.
We regret that our travel insurance policy is not available for non-UK residents.
Don’t forget, you cannot participate in our holiday programmes without travel insurance, except for UK residents travelling within the UK. Insurance is essential however for holidays to the Channel Islands.
If you do not intend to take advantage of our policy, it is a condition of booking that you give us details of the alternative cover you have arranged. Ideally this should be by the time you pay the balance of your holiday. We suggest that you check that your policy includes cover for search, rescue and recovery – on our holidays you may be walking where emergency service vehicles may have access difficulties.
We are unable to arrange insurance cover for you after your holiday has started. No refunds will be made should you be excluded from the walking programme through being uninsured or you being unable to demonstrate that you are insured.
Travel Insurance we can offer you
We take the issue of travel insurance so seriously that we have arranged a policy through Ageas Insurance Ltd, designed to help protect you and your holiday with three main objectives:
1. Scope of cover provided:
Activities provided by Ramblers Walking Holidays are covered by this policy – policies from other insurers may not automatically include all elements of a tour. Ramblers Walking Holidays insurance policy may provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions.
Simply call Ageas Health Line on 0345 168 5682 and quote scheme code RWH1 and they will be pleased to help if you have any medical queries regarding complying with the health requirements of the policy. In some cases an additional premium may be required.
Please read the medical declaration before buying this policy.
2. Quality of Cover:
This policy is provided by fully authorised FCA suppliers, so you can be sure of the services offered in the event of a claim. Cover includes 24 hour medical emergency services provided by Assistance International – a supplier in this field with experience in providing medical advice, rescue and repatriation from across the world.
3. Extra Value:
At Ramblers Walking Holidays, we understand walking, so this travel policy even provides a benefit should you become unable to walk whilst on holiday.
Who Regulates Us?
RWH Travel Ltd. (trading as Ramblers Walking Holidays and Ramblers Cruise & Walk) is an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.
You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
Summary of Important Features
The insurers would like to draw your attention to the important features of the policy:
- Policy document - A copy of the policy will be sent with your booking confirmation. This document contains full details of what is and what is not covered and the conditions of the cover. You should read this carefully.
- Conditions, exclusions and warranties - There are conditions and exclusions which apply to individual sections while general exclusions, conditions and warranties will apply to the whole of the policy.
- Health - The policy contains restrictions regarding pre-existing medical problems concerning the health of the people travelling and of other people upon whose health the holiday may depend – even if they are not travelling.
- Property Claims - These claims are based on the value of goods at the time you lose them and not on a new-for-old or replacement cost basis.
- Policy Limits - Most sections of the policy have limits on the amount that will be paid under that section. Some sections also include other specific limits, for example, for any one item or valuables in total. You are advised to check the policy if you intend to take expensive items with you.
- Policy Excesses - Under most sections of the policy, claims will be subject to an excess. This means the first part of the claim will not be paid.
- Reasonable Care - You will need to take all reasonable care to protect yourself and your property, as you would if you were not insured.
- Complaints - The insurance policy contains a complaints procedure which tells you what steps you can take if you wish to make a complaint. The policy is governed by English Law unless you and the insurers have agreed otherwise.
- ‘Cooling Off’ Period - The policy contains a 14-day cooling off period during which you can return the policy and obtain a refund.
We regret that this insurance policy is not available for non-UK residents.
Cover at a Glance
| || ||Up to:|
|Cancellation & curtailment|| ||£5,000|
|Medical & Repatriation expenses|| ||£5,000,000|
|Personal liability|| ||£2,000,000|
|Personal accident|| ||£10,000|
|Legal expenses|| ||£25,000|
|Loss of money & documents|| ||£500|
|Travel delay|| ||£300|
|Temporary loss of personal belongings|| ||£150|
|Inability to walk|| ||£500|
|Personal belongings|| ||£1,500|
|Missed departure|| ||£300 (Europe) or|
Excesses for each insured person:
Holiday 'Loss of Deposit' claims exclude the first £15.
Some sections exclude the first £50 (£250 for personal liability) of each and every loss of each Insured Person.
Many regular travellers now find an Annual Travel Insurance Policy a more economic way of covering themselves. We can offer one valid for a year (excluding business travel) to UK residents for £105 (including IPT). This includes cover for all activities on Ramblers Walking Holidays’ skiing and hutting holidays. Maximum age 64 years. Please ask for details.
Significant Exclusions of the Policy
This policy is only available to persons who have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least 6 months prior to taking out this insurance and who are registered with a General Practitioner in the UK.
If at the time of purchasing this policy, or whenever booking a trip (under an annual multi-trip policy), anyone insured under this policy answers 'Yes' to any of the following questions, this policy will not provide cover for any claim arising directly or indirectly from that condition.
(a) Is anyone waiting for an operation, post operative check up, any other hospital treatment or any medical investigations, tests or test results (for anything other than pregnancy)?
(b) Is anyone waiting for a consultation with a hospital doctor for any medical condition or set of symptoms, other than for regular check-ups for a stable condition?
(c) Does anyone have a condition for which a terminal prognosis has been given?
(d) Is anyone travelling against the advice of a doctor, or in order to obtain medical advice or treatment abroad?
At the time of taking out this policy and also when booking a trip (under an annual multi trip policy) you, and each insured person must read, and be able to answer 'No' to the health questions (1 - 9) included in the policy's medical declaration.
If anyone insured under this policy answers 'Yes' to any of the questions, they must contact the Ageas Health line on 0345 168 5682 quoting scheme code RWH 1 , to declare all their existing medical conditions regardless of whether they are applicable to the health questions below, and to see if cover can be provided.
You may have to pay an extra premium to include cover for your medical conditions.
1. Has anyone been admitted to hospital overnight or treated as a day-patient in the last 12 months?
2. Has anyone ever been diagnosed with or received any treatment or medication for any heart/cardiac problem?
3. Does anyone have a breathing condition for which they take more than 2 prescribed medications, or which their medical condition has changed in the last 6 months?
4. Does anyone have a breathing condition which in the last 5 years has required either the use of supplementary oxygen or the use of a nebuliser?
5. Has anyone ever been diagnosed with or had treatment for any circulatory condition? (including stroke, TIA blood clots), or diabetes?
6. Has anyone ever been diagnosed with or had treatment for High Blood Pressure? (Where high blood pressure is controlled by no more than one medication and their medication has not changed in the last 6 months, question can be answered as No)
7. Has anyone been diagnosed with or had any treatment in the last 5 years for any type of cancer, leukaemia or brain tumour?
8. Has anyone ever had an organ transplant, or been on kidney dialysis?
9. Has anyone ever had dementia, or any other psychiatric or psychological illness?
If you can agree this declaration any existing medical conditions will be covered by this policy, therefore please do not contact Ageas Health Line as you may be charged an additional premium unnecessarily.
You must ensure that all answers to medical questions that you give are truthful and accurate. In the event that you do not contact the Health Line if required to do so, or you do not declare fully and accurately all existing medical conditions when contacting the Health Line we reserve the right to cancel the policy, or refuse to deal with any claim arising, or to reduce the amount of any claim paid. If you are in any doubt as to how to answer any questions, you must refer to your GP.
Additionally, you are not covered for claims caused directly or indirectly by the following;
- You taking part in winter sports (unless you have paid the extra winter-sports premium), mountaineering, potholing, riding or driving in any kind of race, scuba diving to more than 30 metres, flying (except as a passenger travelling in a fully-licensed passenger-carrying aircraft) or any other hazardous activity.
- Knowingly or deliberately putting yourself at risk (unless you are trying to save someone's life).
- Psychological injury or mental illness unless the condition follows a specific or sudden accident that has caused physical bodily injury to you.
We will only provide this cover if you have paid the extra premium.
If you have chosen the annual multi-trip cover including winter sports, you will automatically be covered for up to 17 days winter-sports cover in a year.
You will not be covered for the following:
- Any claims arising from routine treatment or care which could reasonably be expected to arise during your period of insurance.
- You travelling contrary to the regulations of your transport provider. Travel to a country or specific area or event which the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or the World Health Organisation has advised the public not to.
- You taking part in any dangerous or hazardous activity unless it is specified in the policy or we have expressly agreed to provide cover. Any claim related to an incident that you were aware of at the time you took out this insurance and which could lead to a claim.
- If you, or anyone acting for you, deliberately make a false claim or statement, the insurance will end and we will not pay any claims.
Examples of these and other conditions and restrictions and what to do if you are unsure about any aspect of an exclusion are contained within your policy information.
Travel Insurance Premiums
Insurance Premiums per person
Please note: Price is per person based on age at date of paying premium. These policies are only available to UK residents. (Prices include 20% Insurance Premium Tax - prices valid until 1st April 2020)
Up to age 59
Age 60 to 69
Age 70 & over
|Up to age 59|
Age 60 to 69
Age 70 & over
*Europe cover includes countries which border the Mediterranean Sea.
Up to age 59
|Age 60 to 69|
Age 70 & over
|0-17 days||£74||£119 ||£179|
|18-24 days||£84||£139 ||£199|
|25-31 days||£94||£169 ||£244|
Winter Sports & Activities
Up to age 59
|Age 60 to 69|
Age 70 & over
Many regular travellers now find an Annual Travel Insurance Policy a more economic way of covering themselves. We can offer one valid for a year (excluding business travel) to UK residents for £105 (including IPT). This also includes cover for all activities on Ramblers Walking Holidays’ skiing and hutting holidays. (Maximum age 64 years).
For all enquiries about the terms of your policy please contact our Accounts Team on 01707 320226 or e-mail [email protected]
A copy of the policy is available on request or it can be downloaded or viewed by following this link Download our Policy
RWH Travel Limited (trading as Ramblers Walking Holidays and Ramblers Cruise & Walk) is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.