Montenegro - The Bay of KotorWalking the hill country of southern Europe's Fjordland.
Stunningly beautiful, remote, exotic, between the sea and mountains you will discover Kotor Bay. Its coastline is a sight to behold boasting fine beaches and amazing flora and fauna.
Our holiday takes us to Southern Europe’s deepest fjord. An area of outstanding, dramatic beauty, rivalling Norway’s finest. Designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site it has been recognised as one of the most beautiful bays in the world. The region is rich in cultural and historical interest.
We stay in the small and very beautiful town of Prcanj, known as an old marine centre since the times of the sail ships, close to the old town of Kotor.
Our walking will be split between coastal strolls, walking along the mountain ridges above the sea and discovering the region’s fortified towns. We will spend some time in Kotor itself and enjoy a walk along the spectacular ramparts, and explore the wonderful narrow streets, beautiful architecture and quaint squares of the old town. We finish the day off with a boat trip around Kotor Bay including a visit to the town of Perast and the fascinating church and museum on the Lady of the Rock Island. We visit the village of Njeguis which lies on the slopes of Mount Lovcen, and admire the marvellous views of Kotor Bay on a walk to the top of Vrmac Mountain. Some walks will be at the top of the grade but the views are extraordinary!
A local guide will accompany our Ramblers Worldwide leader and all transfers and excursion fees will be included in the price of the holiday.
- Kotor Bay a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is one of the most beautiful bays in the world, rich in cultural and historical interest.
- Our local guide will give us a great introduction to the fantastic walks, and local history and culture this area has to offer.
- Great mountain walks with stunning views
- A boat trip around the beautiful Kotor Bay.
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers
- Half board en-suite accommodation.
- All excursion fees.
- Services of a dedicated leader and support of a local guide.
At the excellent four-star Hotel Splendido, which overlooks the beautiful Kotor Bay.
- Arrival transfer by road (c2hrs).
- Flights Gatwick-Dubrovnik (c2hrs 45mins), British Airways.
- UK add-on flights from £95 return, British Airways.
- Upgrades Business Class available, please ask for a competitive quote.
Holiday: I had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday with good accommodation, food, organisation, and company.
Holiday: Guide, Frank was excellent as was my room at hotel. Meals very good. Would prefer option of paying one bill for wine and drinks at end of week if that was possible
Holiday: Poor vegetarian choice of food at hotels other than that holiday was great
Holiday: Hotel basic but comfortable and friendly. Montenegro guide was excellent and spoke very good English.
Holiday: Could have spent more time in some interesting places and less in other not so interesting places.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.