During these breaks, we’ll walk one of the finest stretches of the Cotswold Way to Leckhampton Hill before taking in the spectacular views from the Devil’s Chimney and the Cotswold Escarpment, with fantastic views across the River Severn to Wales. We will be able to discover another section of the Cotswold Way, walking about 7 miles north from the old market town of Painswick back to the hotel. We can also walk out to Cooper’s Hill, famous for its annual cheese rolling competition and ascend The Peak for another Cotswold panorama before descending through the village of Little Witcombe.
Cheltenham at Christmas - operates on 22 December 2020 for 5 nights & 22 December 2021 for 5 nights
On Christmas Day, we’ll take a shorter walk and stroll past Witcombe Reservoir and the remains of a Roman Villa before we return to the hotel to enjoy the rest of the day in the company of our travelling companions.
The Christmas departure includes packed lunches on your guided walking days and a full festive lunch on Christmas Day, followed by a buffet in the evening.
Cheltenham at New Year - operates on 29 December 2020 for 4 nights & 29 December 2021 for 4 nights
Packed lunches are included on days where we offer a guided walk. A gala dinner dance with evening entertainment will be provided by the hotel on New Year's Eve to welcome in the New Year (dress to impress!).
The pace throughout these holidays will be as relaxed as possible and due to the popularity of these, we may run two parallel groups, each with its own leader and independent arrangements.
We also offer Christmas / New Year breaks at other locations in the UK;
* Loxton & the Mendips at New Year (Grade 5) - 30 December 2020 for 3 nights
* The Four Corners of Anglesey at Christmas (Grade 4) - 23 December 2020 for 4 nights
* The Four Corners of Anglesey at New Year (Grade 4) - 30 December 2020 for 3 nights
* Walking the Malvern Hills at Christmas (Grade 5) - 23 December 2020 for 4 nights
* Hassness Country House (Lake District) at Christmas (Grades 4 & 5) - 22 December 2020 for 7 nights
* Hassness Country House (Lake District) at New Year (Grades 4 & 5) - 29 December 2020 for 5 nights