Füssen - A Winter FairytaleEnjoy sparkling winter walking from Füssen,
the magical area of Oberammergau and King Ludwig's fairytale castles
Bavaria is a true gem of Germany; rich in history, old time traditions and striking Alpine beauty.
Bavaria is a wonderful place to visit at any time of the year, but we happen to think that winter is extra special. Feel invigorated by the pure mountain air; enjoy long periods of fine weather with clear visibility allowing for spectacular views of snow capped mountain peaks, fairytale castles and stunning winter scenery. We walk through well-tracked gentle forest roads and paths magically transformed by fresh layers of snow.
We are based in the delightful, cosy, 700 year old town of Füssen in the heart of the finest holiday region. Its attractive location on the edge of the Alps never fails to captivate visitors; formed by imposing peaks and an idyllic lake land area, it lies at an altitude of 800-1,200 meters; the highest town in Bavaria!
This is 'Königswinkel', home to Bavaria's most attractive attractions such as the stunning castles of Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau, and Linderhof, places of paradise - as King Ludwig used to call them. And best of all we can experience these royal palaces and their settings without the milling crowds of summer visitors.
Take a look at our other Winter Sports holidays.
- Lakeland and woodland walks with splendid views
- Explore the stunning residences of King Ludwig
- Excursions to Oberammergau and Linderhof Castle
- We stay in a comfortable spa hotel, in the centre of town
We stay in Füssen for 7 nights.
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers.
- Half board en-suite accommodation.
- Services of a dedicated tour leader
We stay at the excellent family run three-star superior Kur-und Relaxhotel Filser in Füssen with sauna and spa facilities.
This spa hotel is just a 10 minute walk from the centre of Füssen.
- Flights operate to Munich
- Add on flights from UK regional airports are available from £90 return with British Airways
- Upgrades: Business Class available: please ask for a competitive quote.
- The arrival transfer from Munich airport to Füssen is by road and takes about 2.5 hours
Weather Information Click here .
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.