Please see Holiday Information Sheet for this holidays individual departures itinerary (located under View Departures & Book tab)
Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the outlined itinerary and advertised program, local conditions can change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. This may mean that routes and timings need to be amended or the order of days may change, sometimes at short notice.
This departure: Grade 5
Welcome to Majorca! Once you have met your leader we will transfer to San Telmo.
Day 2 to 7
For the next six days we will spend our days walking and sightseeing in and around San Telmo. Walks may include:
- COASTAL WALK TO CALA EN BASSET, THEN INLAND TO S’ARRACO - We follow the coastline north from San Telmo until we reach the pirate watch tower at Torre de Cala en Basset. After a short break to take in the superb view from this vantage point of the Majorcan coastline and the island of Dragonera we head inland though quiet woodland to reach the sleepy town of S’Arraco and its local bars in time for lunch. Our afternoon route skirts around the edge of Puig Gros for more incredible sea views before dropping down into San Telmo. There should be plenty of time for a refreshing swim in the sea from the hotel terrace before dinner. 15km, 450m ascent & descent, 4 ½ to 5 hours
- LA TRAPPA & MIRADOR SES BASSES - We take an inland route north from the hotel, winding up through woodland to the abandoned monastery at la Trappa. We have a good break here to explore and take in the magnificent views of Dragonera island, before continuing north to the viewpoint at Mirador ses Basses. Here the views are strictly for those with a head for heights! For the remainder of the day we follow the GR 221 path back down into S’Arraco where we can have a refreshing drink before taking taxis back to San Telmo. 14.5km, 600m ascent & descent, 5 hours
- THE ARCHDUKE’S TRAIL - This spectacular walk starts in the hilltop town of Valldemossa, made famous by Chopin and George Sand. We head off into holm oak woods, which once gave home to the island’s many charcoal makers, to join one of the island’s most famous pathways, the Archduke’s Trail. This path takes us over a high plateau with views of the surrounding mountains. Over lunch time there is an optional extension of the Archduke’s Trail for incredible sea views, before we drop back down into Valldemossa for a cold beer or tour of the monastery before returning to San Telmo. 12.3km, 600m ascent & descent, 5 hours
- THREE VILLAGES ALONG ANCIENT PATHWAYS - Today we visit three delightful Mallorcan villages following the Cami Reial (Royal Route) along the coast, then inland on the old postal route (Cami Posteu). Our hired transport takes us on a scenic coastal road to the first of these villages, Estellencs, where there should be time to explore the village and look at its famous ironwork statues. We then follow the GR221 to the delightfully restored Majorcan town of Banyalbufar. After a picnic lunch in the square we can grab a quick drink in one of the town’s many bars, many of them with incredible sea views. After lunch a stiff climb takes us over the Col des Pi before we drop down gradually along a cobbled path running through woodland into Esporles, the last of our three villages. Its plane tree lined main avenue is a delightful place for a refreshing beer before heading back to San Telmo. 15km, 650m ascent & 400m descent, 5 to 5 ½ hours
- CIRCULAR WALK FROM PUERTO D’ANDRATX - A shorter walk to the charming yachting centre of Port Andratx. From the hotel we head south along the headland to Plana de Sa Pineta for stunning views back to San Telmo and Dragonera. This is a lovely way to start this walk. We then head inland and over the col at Pas Venell before heading down into Port Andratx. The views are incredible. We arrive in Port Andratx in time to have a last day lunch and a look around the port itself. Some people choose to walk back to San Telmo (without the leader), some take a taxi and some the water taxi for a really special end to the day. 12.3km, 500m ascent & descent, 4 hours
During the six days of walking there is normally a free day. The leader sometimes chooses to lead another walk. From San Telmo there are plenty of things to do with the resort having numerous shops, bars and restaurants. It is feasible via the local bus to go and visit Palma for the day or Port d'Andraix. It is also possible to book a boat ride to take you to the desolate island of Dragonera just off the coast.
It is sadly time to bid farewell to an island we have got to know well as we head to Palma Airport for our return flights to the UK.
Please select Departure Date to view: