Call us on: 01707 331 133

Open the calendar popup.
Open the calendar popup.



Certain destinations have mandatory requirements for immunisations.

It is, however, strongly recommended that you seek advice from your GP or a specialist travel immunisation centre.


Information regarding travel health issues is available at:

Scottish NHS ‘Fit for Travel’ website 

Travel Health Pro from the National Travel Health Network & Centre (NaTHNaC)

NHS Choices – travel health advice from the English NHS

Foreign Travel Advice from the UK Government

General travel health information is available from the English NHS website.

If you are not a UK resident, you should check your home country advice.

Please note that Ramblers Walking Holidays staff are not qualified to give medical or insurance advice; please discuss any travel health concerns with your GP or travel health specialist.

Please note that travel health information is subject to change at any time and it is your responsibility to inform yourself as to the recommendations and requirements relating to your destination.


If you have a medical condition or disability which may prevent you from participating in the advertised holiday arrangements in any way, please contact us before or at the time of booking.

See our advice for Travellers with Disabilities and medical conditions which may impact on an ability to participate in our holidays.

You should declare any pre-existing medical conditions to your insurer. See more advice in our Travel Insurance section.

Should you have any allergies, managed conditions such as diabetes or other health concerns, please discuss these with our tour leader on arrival to ensure that they are aware how to respond should you experience difficulties and be unable to assist yourself.

  1. European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

    The EHIC entitles you to free or reduced cost, emergency, state provided, medical treatment within the European Economic Area (UEA) and Switzerland. It also covers pre-existing medical conditions.

    An EHIC should not be considered a substitute for medical and travel insurance.

    You can apply online for an EHIC free of charge through the NHS Choices website. 

    Alternatively, you can pick up an application pack from most post offices or call the EHIC Applications Line on 0300 330 1350.

    More information can be found on the NHS website or on the UK Government Foreign Travel Abroad advice website.

    If you already have an EHIC check it is valid for the entire length of your trip.

  2. Reciprocal Health Care Agreements (RHCA)

    Outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, the United Kingdom Government has established reciprocal health care agreements with some countries, which entitle UK residents to free or subsidised health care when temporarily visiting the country in question.

    The free subsidised health services will vary depending on the country you are visiting. In all instances you will require your UK passport or evidence of UK residence such as your NHS card.

    For more information you can visit the NHS Choices website. 

  3. Cruise Ship Medical Services:

    On our Cruise & Walk holidays, the medical services provided on board are outside the scope of the UK National Health Service and a charge is made for medical services and drugs prescribed.

    Each ship will have a qualified doctor and medical centre equipped for first aid and minor conditions only.

    Illnesses can spread quickly on board ship with so many people living in relatively close proximity. If you are ill or becoming ill it is important that you notify the doctor immediately. A vessel captain or doctor has the authority to require a passenger to remain in their cabin for health & safety reasons.







Email Us
Call us