Walking from Puerto de SollerGreat walks from a remote and attractive part of Majorca.
In the spring and autumn, avoiding the bustle of the hottest summer months, Puerto de Soller is an ideal base in every way for our style of walking holiday.
The picturesque coastal port of Puerto de Soller lies on a lagoon where the mountains meet the sea. Despite being a popular resort with tourists, Puerto de Soller is an unassuming and relaxed place and retains much of its local character. It is a good starting point for walks along the coast and into the mountains where the views are magnificent. We’ll walk both on the coast and in the mountainous hinterland. This area of Majorca offers a great variety of scenery and difficulty of terrain.
From our resort we can see Puig Mayor (1,400m) and Teix, the two highest peaks of the west coast Sierra de Tramuntana range. These mountains, which largely separate the Soller area from the rest of Majorca and their gentler foothills, provide some wonderful walking. Walking inland, passing through olive groves and quaint farmsteads, we can also visit the small town of Soller. Connected to its coastal namesake by a three mile ancient tramway, this attractive town maintains a traditional Spanish feel.
The beautiful landscapes and Spanish atmosphere are there to be enjoyed and we explore the mountains, villages and coast on good paths and tracks.
We have listened to your feedback - see regional flying -
- The picturesque horseshoe bay of Puerto de Soller – great views from our hotel.
- The spectacular walk down the gorge Es Barranc along the old Pilgrim’s Way.
- Coastal walks to Cala Tuent and Deia.
- Climbing l’Ofre before the descent down to Es Barranc.
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers
- En-suite accommodation.
- Breakfasts at the hotel.
- Dinners at hotel and local restaurants.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
The tastefully refurbished three-star Hotel Marina in Puerto de Soller. We stay in mountain view rooms, but sea view rooms may be available at extra cost. Please check when making your booking.Travel
- Arrival transfer by road (c1hr).
- Gatwick–Palma (c2hrs 30mins), charter.
- Direct flights Manchester, Birmingham, and other regional airports may be available, supplements and details on request.
- Please note: A wait at Palma airport may be necessary to enable all clients to travel together to and from the hotel.
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.