Exploring the Sorrento PeninsulaGreat hotel, world class sites.
Here’s our perennially popular Sorrento Peninsula holiday. We stay in the beautifully situated and pleasantly appointed Hotel Mary. At the end of a hard day in the hills or amongst the historic sites you can now relax by the hotel pool and enjoy the fantastic views out across the Bay of Naples.
We combine the Sorrento Peninsula and the Lattari Mountains with visits to Pompeii, Herculaneum and other places of interest such as Amalfi and Ravello. We can spend a day in the animated and colourful city of Naples which is richly endowed with beautiful churches and palaces. There is normally time for a visit to Capri. However such is the concentration of great walking and world class sightseeing you could happily spend three weeks here and not see it all. The Sorrento Peninsula is definitely somewhere you need to come back to again and again.
Please note that fares and entrance fees for the trips from Vico Equense are not included in the holiday charge.
For a truly authentic feel of this holiday then click here for a video taken on this tour by journalist Martin Hesp.
Please see our Holiday Information sheet, available on our website or on request, which shows the full itinerary for each week.
We have listened to your feedback - see regional flying -
Please see our Holiday Information sheet, available below, which shows the exact itinerary each week.Highlights
- Pompeii and Herculaneum: great insight into the ancient world.
- Positano and Amalfi: the best views.
- Paestum: perhaps the most stunning of the ancient ruins.
- Vesuvius: the most famous volcano in the world.
- The Sorrento Peninsula and the Lattari Mountains offer some superb walking with views out over the Med.
- We include parts of The Walk of the Gods.
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and transfers.
- Half board en-suite accommoadtion.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
The Hotel Mary, a delightful family run three-star which gives us a very warm welcome. It also caters very well for vegetarian and coeliac diets.Travel
- Arrival transfer by road (c1hr).
- Flights Gatwick–Naples (c2hrs 45mins), British Airways.
- UK add-on flights from £95 return, British Airways.
- Upgrades Business Class available, please ask for competitive quote.
Holiday: Leader Cath excellent and walks had outstanding views
Holiday: The sightseeing was superb, wonderful places and, being November, few tourists. Some of the walking was a little disappointing, walks were quite short and didn't really explore the countryside. Though the walking is rated D some guests were not really up to it, which made the going slow and on occasions dangerous.
Holiday: It was a good tour, a nice hotel for our 2 week stay with a gorgeous view from the balcony; small town, not as crowded as staying in Sorrento. I think we were expecting longer walks on the days we walked. Also it would have been nice to have a couple of meals at the local restaurants.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.