Discovering Nepal16 days Tea House Trek in Nepal with five nights trekking, staying in ‘Tea Huts’
Nepal is famous for mountains, and rightly so having all the biggest in the world, and we also explore other aspects of this diverse and fascinating country. The flora and fauna of Chitwan National Park is amazingly accessible. Expect to see rhino and a huge variety of birdlife to enthral even the most disinterested birdwatcher. As the country rebuilds following the 2015 earthquake what it most needs is for visitors to return to see the beauty of the country and the welcome of its people.
We start in Kathmandu walking the back lanes and alleys of this busy city, as well as the classic sites. On the second morning we have left time for those who wish to take an Everest viewing flight (not included) before travelling out to see Patan and walk in the valley.
We fly to Pokhara, drive to Nayapul and start trekking out along the bank of the Modi River towards Ghandrung where we stay two nights. We can visit the Annapurna Conservation Project and enjoy some lovely local walking. The next day we continue to the hot springs at Jhinu for a soak then over two days we continue via Landrung to Dhampus for perhaps the best view of the Annapurna range. Make sure you are up early to enjoy the stunning view of the mountains burning pink in the rising sun. Nobody should miss the sight. The last day on trek is any easy trip down from Dhampus to Phedi from where we drive back to Pokhara for a bit of comfort with two nights to recover and a day to see around the town.
Next we are off to Chitwan to walk, canoe and ride elephants through the jungle, an extreme contrast to the mountains.
Finally we fly back to Kathmandu for one night and fly home.
- Get to meet and chat to the locals on trek.
- Enjoy the best mountain vistas in the world.
- Get up close to wild rhino on the back of an elephant.
- The hot springs at Jhinu, a welcome soak on trek.
- Trekking in Nepal takes you away from the roads to scenes of a way of life unchanged in millennia.
- Staying in tea huts gives you an excellent chance to meet and understand something of the lifestyle of the Nepali mountain dwellers.
Outbound flight (1), Kathmandu (3), Tea Huts (5), Pokhara (2), Chitwan (2), Kathmandu (1), inbound flight (1).Holiday Information Sheet
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and transfers.
- All transport for walks and excursions.
- Full board en-suite accommodation.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
- Services of an experienced local trek support team on trekking days.
- Entrance fees to all included highlights.
In Kathmandu and Pokhara we will stay in comfortable four-star hotels. The tea huts used on trek provide simpler but adequate accommodation, with twin and single rooms available as required.Travel
- Arrival transfer by road (c1hr).
- Flights Gatwick-Kathmandu via Istanbul (c11hrs + stop), Turkish Airlines.
- Internal flights by Buddha Air or alternative.
- UK add-on flights from £150 return, British Airways.
- Upgrades available, please contact us for a competitive quote.
Holiday: Good knowledge, helpful. All information and processes efficient and thorough.
Holiday: I enjoyed the holiday. Perhaps it would of been helpful to understand that the majority of the walking was done via steps, up and down.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.