You must be adequately insured to join our holidays.
It is a condition of booking that you ensure that you obtain travel insurance:
- for all holidays outside the UK (Including the Channel Islands)
- for all holidays based on a cruise ship
- for holidays in the UK if you are a non-UK resident
- before your holiday arrangements commence
- and, are able to demonstrate to your tour leader that you are insured
There’s only one thing worse than having to make an insurance claim for some misfortune that may have occurred on holiday – and that’s not being able to make a claim because you’re not suitably insured.
At Ramblers Walking Holidays we understand this. Travel insurance can help should you become unwell, either before or during your holiday. It can help to protect you financially, and it can help to ensure the quality of overseas medical care is of a standard you would expect. It can also cover emergency repatriation, should it be deemed necessary.
When embarking on an activity holiday such as with Ramblers Walking Holidays, it is even more important that your insurance cover level is right. Many insurers have particular exclusions within their policies, which is why we offer a policy that covers a wide range of activities.
If you do not intend to take advantage of the Ageas policy we offer, it is a condition of booking that you give us details of the alternative cover you have arranged. Ideally this should be by the time you pay the balance of your holiday. We strongly recommend that you check that your policy includes cover for search, rescue and recovery – on our holidays you may be walking where emergency service vehicles may have access difficulties.
- you cannot participate in our holiday programmes without valid travel insurance (except as above)
- on our Cruise & Walk Holidays, you will not even be able to board the cruise ship without being able to demonstrate that you are insured
- to pass up-to-date details of your holiday insurance to your tour leader so that he or she can assist you if you are in no position to assist yourself.
RWH Travel Ltd. (trading as Ramblers Walking Holidays and Ramblers Cruise & Walk) is an Appointed Representative of ITC Compliance Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts.