Nestling between the Mendips and the Bristol Channel, Loxton is well located to explore the varied hill-country, coast and limestone wonders of northern Somerset. The undulating limestone and sandstone ridge of the Mendip Hills rises to just over 325m and the rocky outcrops, hilltops, valleys and gorges of this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty provide an ideal setting for an exhilarating short walking break.
The West Mendip Way runs alongside our hotel and leads east to Crook Peak or westwards to Bleadon Hill – both with spectacular views over the Somerset Levels to Exmoor. Perhaps a highlight of this holiday is a walk through the limestone cliff country of the impressive Cheddar Gorge. A visit to the stalactite show caves is optional, however well worthwhile if you haven't visited before.
There are lots of places of interest nearby (Wells, Wookey Hole and Glastonbury) to visit on your arrival or departure day.
We offer two holidays over the festive period;
Loxton & the Mendips at Christmas - operates on 23 December 2021 for 4 nights
Loxton & the Mendips at New Year - operates on 30 December 2020 for 3 nights & 30 December 2021 for 3 nights
We also offer Christmas / New Year breaks at other locations in the UK;
* Festive Cheltenham at Christmas (Grade 4) - 22 December 2020 for 5 nights
* Festive Cheltenham at New Year (Grade 4) - 29 December 2020 for 4 nights
* The Four Corners of Anglesey at Christmas (Grade 4) - 23 December 2020 for 4 nights
* The Four Corners of Anglesey at New Year (Grade 4) - 30 December 2020 for 3 nights
* Walking the Malvern Hills at Christmas (Grade 5) - 23 December 2020 for 4 nights
* Hassness Country House (Lake District) at Christmas (Grades 4 & 5) - 22 December 2020 for 7 nights
* Hassness Country House (Lake District) at New Year (Grades 4 & 5) - 29 December 2020 for 5 nights