For your safety and comfort, it’s vital that you bring proper outdoor clothing and footwear appropriate to the nature of your holiday and well as choosing a holiday appropriate to your fitness levels and capability.
Our holidays include everything from sightseeing the cultural cities of Europe to high altitude trekking and mountain hutting, on all continents and in all seasons.
If appropriate, we provide more additional detailed information on clothing specific to your chosen holiday in our Holiday Information Sheets, downloadable from the individual holiday pages.
A basic kit list for most walking holidays is likely to include:
Any sharp equipment such as a lunch knife or trekking pole cannot be carried as cabin baggage when travelling by air.
- Footwear (walking boots or walking shoes) appropriate to your holiday grade.
- Waterproof jacket (Goretex or similar) and trousers
- Walking trousers
- Several polo shirts, T-shirts or specialist walking shirts
- Fleece jacket
- Comfortable walking socks
- Warm hat and gloves
- Sun hat, sunglasses, lip salve and high SPF sun block
- Day sack to comfortably carry the kit you'll take out on the walk
- Polythene bags to keep the contents of your daypack dry
- Water bottle(s) - at least 1-litre capacity (see Water-to-Go filter bottles)
- Basic first aid kit (plasters, blister treatment, antiseptic etc)
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof bag or container and knife for your lunch
- Walking/trekking poles