Historic cities and magnificent Baltic coastal scenery
around the Baltic Sea is the perfect way to sample the splendours of Europe’s
northern capitals of culture and Baltic scenery. Exploring one distinctive
destination after another, with an emphasis on sightseeing, wherever possible
we take the opportunity to explore the local countryside beyond the historic
capital cities of the Baltic’s eight proud nations.
SHORE WALKS AND EXCURSION
Petersburg - A city whose golden buildings and treasures leave many people
speechless. The view from the Peter and Paul Fortress over the river to The
Hermitage is one of the greatest in any city in the world. We visit The
Hermitage, Peterhof and St Catherine’s Palace amongst many great sights.
- Home to the Little Mermaid and the colourfully painted canal side houses of
- Built across 14 islands, you are never far from the water, whether you are in
the cobbled streets of Gamla Stan, the old town, or walking through parkland or
open air museums.
- Capital of Estonia, Tallinn is an up and coming place, where old squares with
gabled houses mingle with modern architecture and coffee culture.
- We travel inland to the ancient town of Lübeck and with a local guide, spend
time exploring this 12th century gem boasting more than 1000 historical
- A local guide walks us through the city including the Sibelius Monument and
the Rock Church, a stunning building akin to a cross between a massive drystone
wall and the O2 Arena.
Our walking tour with a local guide includes Riga Castle, Cathedral and the
Powder Tower, the Swedish Gate entrance to the Old Town, gabled houses on Maza
Pils Street and the Cat House.
Canal - We sail through the world’s busiest artificial waterway, running for
about 60 miles/100km and linking the North Sea with the Baltic.
- Home to tranquil 17th century canals, we take an interesting walk with a
local guide to the Botanic Gardens through Slottsskogsparken, a very rural
green space close to the city centre. With luck we may see animals such as elk
Oslo - Fjord
to the Norwegian capital Oslo whose museums and surrounding lakes and woodland
make it a perfect stop on our Baltic cruise
On the Swedish holiday island of Gotland. We take a short countryside walk and
visit Visby’s walled town with its cobbled streets and roses with a local