The Upper Inn ValleyWonderful hiking in Austria from our 4 star spa hotel in Ladis, Austria
Ladis rests on the western slopes of the Upper Inn Valley, at a height of nearly 1200m, on what the locals call the ‘sunshine terrace’, a broad expanse of meadows rising slowly southwest through the neighbouring villages of Fiss and Serfaus.
A network of footpaths and cable cars helps us explore this perfect alpine area, taking us through meadows, scattered woodland and beside mountain streams, along ridges and pano ramic paths, even to peaks. The views are often amazing, especially of the permanent snows to the south and east of the Ortler and Oetztal Alps. It is hard to think of another area which offers such varied walking at different grades.
Ladis itself is a quiet Tirolean alpine village with an old fish pond, woodrimmed public fountains, outdoor baking ovens and a 13th century castle standing guard. An Alpine idyll.
The D+ walks on our June 14 departure are for flower lovers and walk at a slower pace.On the two-week D+ holiday departing June 14 only the first week will be for ‘flowers’ and the second will be at D+.
The D+ walks on our June 14 departure are for flower lovers and walk at a slower pace.On the two-week D+ holiday departing June 14 only the first week will be for ‘flowers’ and the second will be at D+.Highlights
Grade D+ Highlights
- The Komperdell ridge above Ladis at 2400m provides beautiful open walking.
- The walk to the remote Anton Renk Hut crosses idyllic high meadows.
The high level Kaunertal Panorama path gives excellent views of glaciers around the Weissseespitze.
Grade C Highlights
- The Furgler (3004m) is a wonderful peak with a bit of easy scrambling.
- This is a great holiday for peak baggers - the Plaskopf (2804m), Riefenkopf (2770m), Roter Schrofen (2702m) and Hoher Aifnerspitz (2779m) are all within reach.
- A walk down into the beautiful Urgtal valley with a visit to the remote Spinnseen lakes.
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
• Return flights and airport transfers.
• Half board en-suite accommodation.
• Use of the hotel’s excellent spa facilities.
• Two walks, two leaders, two grades on some dates.
• Services of a dedicated leader.
The four-star Hotel Goies on the outskirts of the village is perfectly in keeping with the charm of the whole area, and you are unlikely to meet a more delightful hostess than Frau Larcher who has looked after us for many years.Please note that twin rooms contain ’Austrian-type’ beds, with one bed frame and two individual bed packs.
Upgrades to either a deluxe double room or a hotel suite are available (double occupancy only). The hotel is regularly rated by our staff and clients as one of the best in our programme.
Breakfast and evening meals for the whole party will be at the Hotel Goies, where you will enjoy a five-course buffet dinner each evening. The food is good enough to rival that served in many top restaurants.
To get an overview of the look and feel of the Hotel Goies and get an idea of some of its facilities, take a look at its website (unfortunately only currently available in German!)
- Arrival transfer by road (c2hrs 30mins).
- Flights Heathrow–Zurich (c1hr 45mins), British Airways.
- Direct Regional flights available with Swiss on most dates. The full cost of regional flights is payable at the time of booking.
- Unfortunately this amount is non refundable. Supplement from £40 return.
- UK add-on flights from £95 return, British Airways.
- Upgrades Business Class available on British Airways, please ask for a competitive quote.
- Please note: Depending on airline schedules, a wait at Zurich airport may be necessary on some dates to enable all clients to travel together to and from the hotel.
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.To read about the experience of this holiday and Gran Canaria by respected journalist Robin McKelvie Click here
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.