Santorini & NaxosTwo weeks in the Cyclades Archipelago.
This holiday combines two wonderfully contrasting islands of the Cyclades, Santorini with its brilliant white cubist architecture, and arid & rocky terrain, and green and mountainous landscape of Naxos.
Santorini offers dramatic scenery with its sheer cliffs, dark sandy beaches and caldera or crater, remains of probably the world’s largest volcanic eruption. Our walks take in the rim of the ancient volcano, mountain ridges, picturesque villages and coastal paths, offering breathtaking views to nearby islands.
By contrast, the island of Naxos is immediately distinct from its neighbour. Its rugged mountains, green valleys and fertile landscape offer beautiful verdant scenery for our walks, which can often end at one of the island’s idyllic sandy beaches. We’ll follow extensive footpaths and mule tracks that link the villages, and discover towers and fortified mansions that are unique to the island.
We'll eat at local tavernas each evening, giving the opportunity to sample the wonderful Greek cuisine and wines.
- Walk along the crater rim of an ancient volcano, high above the sea, on Santorini.
- Traditional Greek cuisine at local tavernas.
- Walks through fertile inland plains covered with orchards on Naxos.
- Plenty of swimming opportunities.
- Walk from the picturesque village of Emporio, over the mountain ridge to ancient Thira for dramatic coastal views.
Santorini (4), Naxos (7), Santorini (3).Holiday Information Sheet
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers.
- Ferries between islands.
- B&B en-suite accommodation.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
- Dinners taken at the local restaurants and tavernas.
Three-star Hotel Albatros on Santorini, with a swimming pool and the two-star Hotel Galini and Sofia Latina, located close to the sandy beach of St George on Naxos.Travel
- Arrival by road (c30mins).
- Flights Gatwick or Manchester - Santorini (c4hrs), charter. Manchester supplement from £40 return.
- Travel in Greece is by road and ferry.
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.To read about the experience of this holiday and Gran Canaria by respected journalist Robin McKelvie Click here
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.