Montana, Yellowstone & The Grand TetonsWalking the National Parks of the American Mid-West
The Big Sky Country, the geysers of Yellowstone and the less well known delights of the Grand Tetons, this makes great walking country.
We start in the Flathead Valley and Glacier Park bordering Canada. Reputed to have 2,000 lakes and 1,000 miles of river, we have a lot to see on our walks. Wildlife abounds, grizzlies are occasionally seen along with Big Horn sheep and mountain goats.
In Yellowstone, the world’s first (and probably most famous) national park, spectacular coloured Yellowstone canyon, geysers, hot springs and swirling mud-pots enrich our walks along with a chance to see buffalo, elk, moose, chipmunks, marmots, squirrels, eagles, pelicans and the occasional bear! Grand Teton Park offers dramatic scenery, rising to nearly 2000m above sparkling lakes, mountain meadows, pine forests and the Snake River - an area of outstanding beauty enjoyed by walkers and photographers alike.
- The Grand Tetons. An eight mile walk to Jenny Lake and Hidden Falls all with the backdrop of the Grand Tetons to marvel at.
- Glacier Park. The four mile climb to Snyder Lake offers a great chance to see moose.
- Yellowstone. Easy strolling to take in Old Faithful and hopefully the outstanding array of wildlife.
Whitefish, Flathead Valley (3), Lake Macdonald, Glacier NP (2) Many Glacier, Glacier NP (3), West Yellowstone, Yellowstone NP (3), Jackson Hole, Grand Teton (3), return overnight flight (1).Holiday Information Sheet
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
American breakfasts throughout and eight dinners are included.Accommodation
Good tourist class hotels.Travel
- Arrival transfer by road (c30mins).
- Flights Heathrow–Great Falls / Bozeman–Heathrow via Minneapolis both ways
- At the time of going to press, airline schedules were uncertain and there may be a change to flight details. Please contact us for up-to-date information.
- UK add-on flights details on request
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.
Keith and Teresa Milton