Montana, Yellowstone & The Grand TetonsShining mountains, pristine lakes and a big volcano.
The Big Sky Country, the geysers of Yellowstone and the less well known delights of the Grand Tetons, this makes great walking country.
We start in the Flathead Valley and Glacier Park bordering Canada. Reputed to have 2,000 lakes and 1,000 miles of river,
we have a lot to see. Wildlife abounds, grizzlies are occasionally seen along with Big Horn sheep and mountain goats.
In Yellowstone, the world’s first (and probably most famous) national park, spectacular coloured Yellowstone canyon,
geysers, hot springs and swirling mud-pots enrich our walks along with a chance to see buffalo, elk, moose, chipmunks, marmots, squirrels, eagles, pelicans and the occasional bear! Grand Teton Park offers dramatic scenery, rising to nearly 2000m above sparkling lakes, mountain meadows, pine forests and the Snake River – an area of outstanding beauty enjoyed by walkers and photographers alike.
- The Grand Tetons. An eight mile walk to Jenny Lake and Hidden Falls all with the backdrop of the Grand Tetons to marvel at.
- Glacier Park. The four mile climb to Snyder Lake offers a great chance to see moose.
- Yellowstone. Easy strolling to take in Old Faithful and hopefully the outstanding array of wildlife.
- From the Canadian border down through Montana to Yellowstone the Rockies offer continuously spectacular scenery.
- We stay in some of the stunningly located accommodation in the Glacier Park.
- Whitefish, Flathead Valley (2), Lake Macdonald, Glacier NP (2) Many Glacier, Glacier NP (3), West Yellowstone, Yellowstone NP (4), Jackson Hole, Grand Teton (3), return overnight flight (1).
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers.
- All travel for walking and sightseeing excursions.
- B&B en-suite accommodation.
- Eight dinners.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
Good tourist class hotels.Travel
- Arrival transfer by road (c30mins).
- Flights Heathrow–Kalispell / Jackson Hole–Heathrow via Minneapolis both ways (c11hrs 30mins + stops), Delta Airlines or United Airlines. Please note that at the time of going to press, airline schedules were uncertain and there may be a change to flight details; please contact us for up-to-date information.
- Visa is required.
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
A big bonus was being able to visit Odessa, which was previously cancelled, and well worth the visit. However, the real holiday highlight was Santorini!
Pam Young joined a group heading off on one of our Isle of Man walking holidays. A newcomer to Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, she was so moved that she felt inspired to compose a poem! Laura – Community Editor
Sheila Cornett enjoyed one of our walking holidays to the Orkneys and took the time to put together some images and thoughts about her trip. Laura – Community Editor
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.
There are no current departures for this holiday please contact us for more information