Jewels of JordanHiking the spectacular landscapes of a forgotten country.
Jordan is a hospitable and historic land and home to many of the most spectacular sites of the Middle East; the Red Rose City of Petra; rocky shores of the Dead Sea; the beauty and tranquillity of Wadi Rum. This is a majestic and captivating country.
We’ll explore the capital Amman, with its colourful bazaars, ancient citadel and museums, and visit the best preserved Roman city in the Near East at Jerash, with its spectacular temples and forum.
We will take a dramatic walk from the hot springs at Ibn Hammad, en route to our campsite at Dana, and from where we walk to a stunning Eco lodge at Feynan. We’ll explore the spectacular canyon and sand dunes of Wadi Rum, enjoying the quiet and colour of the desert, and visit the Red Rose city of Petra, set deep inside the narrow gorge with its walls rising two hundred metres from the desert floor. Petra is the iconic picture of Jordan and we fully explore the ancient site.
En route to Madeba, we’ll see the mighty crusader castles at Shobak and Kerak and have the opportunity to swim (or float!) in the Dead Sea, and visit Mount Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. At Madeba, we’ll see the ancient mosaic map of the Holyland. This is a journey through history, seeing a fascinating country at its best.
Please note: The December departure follows a slightly different itinerary. Please ask for details or see our website.
Please note: The December departure follows a slightly different itinerary.
- A delightful gorge walk from Ibn Hammad through abundant vegetation and hanging gardens.
- Explore the awe inspiring Red Rose City of Petra.
- Watch the stars appear in the clear night sky from our desert camp in Wadi Rum.
- Enjoy a night at a stunning Eco-lodge.
- Exploring the Dana Nature Reserve with its array of flora, fauna and extensive wildlife.
April 2014 onwards: Amman (3), Dana (1), Feynan (1), Wadi Rum (1), Petra (4), Madeba (2).Holiday Information Sheet
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and transfers.
- Local travel for walking and sightseeing excursions.
- Half board en-suite accommodation.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
- All entrance fees.
Half board in comfortable tourist class hotels plus tented accommodation and an ecolodge.Travel
- Arrival transfer by road (c45mins).
- Flights Heathrow–Amman (c5hrs 15mins), Royal Jordanian.
- UK add-on flights from £150 return, British Airways.
- Upgrades Business Class available, please ask for a competitive quote.
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.