Discovering Nepal16 days Tea House Trek in Nepal with five nights trekking, staying in ‘Tea Huts’
Nepal is famous for mountains, and rightly so having all the biggest in the world but we should also explore other aspects of this diverse and fascinating country. The flora and fauna of Chitwan park is amazingly accessible, expect to see Rhino and a huge variety of birdlife to enthral even the most disinterested birdwatcher. Expect to meet and chat with locals on the trek, you will be welcomed everywhere.
We start in Kathmandu walking the back lanes and alleys of this busy city, as well as the classic sites. On the second morning we have left some time for anybody who wishes to take an Everest viewing flight (not included) before travelling out to see Patan and walk in the valley.
We fly to Pokhara, drive to Phedi and start immediately on our trek staying in tea huts, enjoying the best views of the Annapurna range, the mountain air and some exercise. We travel at a gentle place though the stunning scenery of the foothills of the Himalayas. We move on each night until we reach the welcoming town of Ghandung. Here we stay three nights to enjoy some great walking without the consideration of packing up each night.
From tea huts we trek back towards Pokhara and stay in comfort for two nights to recover.
Next we are off to Chitwan to walk, canoe and ride elephants through the jungle, an extreme contrast to the mountains.
Finally we fly back to Kathmandu for one night and fly home.
- Get to meet and chat to the locals on trek
- Enjoy the best mountain vistas in the world
- Get up close to wild rhino on the back of an elephant
- The hot springs at Jhinu, a welcome soak on trek.
Outbound flight (1), Kathmandu (3), Tea Huts (5), Pokhara (2), Chitwan (2), Kathmandu (1), inbound flight (1).Holiday Information Sheet
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers
- All transport for walks and excursions.
- Full board en-suite accommodation.
- Services of an experienced local trek support team on trekking days.
- Entrance fees to all included highlights.
- Services of a dedicated tour leader
In Kathmandu and Pokhara we will stay in comfortable 4 star hotels. The tea huts used on trek provide simpler but adequate accommodation.Travel
- Flights operate to Kathmandu. Due to the flight schedules there may be a long wait in Abu Dhabi on the return journey.
- Manchester flights may be available, supplement from £55. Please ask for details.
- UK add on flights, details on request.
- Upgrades: Business and First Class available – please ask for details.
- Travel in Nepal is by road and air. Arrival transfer by road (c20mins)
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.