Discovering Nepal16 days Tea House Trek in Nepal with five nights trekking, staying in ‘Tea Huts’
Nepal is famous for mountains, and rightly so having all the biggest in the world, but we should also explore other aspects of this diverse and fascinating country. The flora and fauna of Chitwan park is amazingly accessible, expect to see Rhino and a huge variety of birdlife to enthral even the most disinterested birdwatcher. Expect to meet and chat with locals on the trek, you will be welcomed everywhere.
We start in Kathmandu walking the back lanes and alleys of this busy city, as well as the classic sites. On the second morning we have left some time for anybody who wishes to take an Everest viewing flight (not included) before travelling out to see Patan and walk in the valley.
We fly to Pokhara, drive to Phedi and start immediately on our trek staying in tea huts, enjoying the best views of the Annapurna range, the mountain air and some exercise. We travel at a gentle pace through the stunning scenery of the foothills of the Himalayas. We move on each night until we reach the welcoming town of Ghandrung. Here we stay two nights to enjoy some great walking without the consideration of packing each morning.
From tea huts we trek back towards Pokhara and stay in comfort for two nights to recover.
Next we are off to Chitwan to walk, canoe and ride elephants through the jungle, an extreme contrast to the mountains. Finally we fly back to Kathmandu for one night and fly home.
- Get to meet and chat to the locals on trek.
- Enjoy the best mountain vistas in the world.
- Get up close to wild rhino on the back of an elephant.
- The hot springs at Jhinu, a welcome soak on trek.
- Trekking in Nepal takes you away from the roads to scenes of a way of life unchanged in millennia.
- Staying in tea huts gives you an excellent chance to meet and understand something of the lifestyle of the Nepali mountain dwellers.
Outbound flight (1), Kathmandu (3), Tea Huts (5), Pokhara (2), Chitwan (2), Kathmandu (1), inbound flight (1).Holiday Information Sheet
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and transfers.
- All transport for walks and excursions.
- Full board en-suite accommodation.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
- Services of an experienced local trek support team on trekking days.
- Entrance fees to all included highlights.
In Kathmandu and Pokhara we will stay in comfortable 4 star hotels. The tea huts used on trek provide simpler but adequate accommodation.Travel
- Arrival transfer by road (c20mins).
- Flights Heathrow–Kathmandu via Abu Dhabi (c14hrs + stop), Etihad Airways. Some dates may operate with Qatar Airways.
- Please note: Due to Etihad Airways flight schedules there may be a long wait in Abu Dhabi on the return journey.
- Internal flights by Buddha Air or alternative.
- UK add on flights Details on request.
- Upgrades Business and First Class available – please ask for details.
- Visa is required.
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
A big bonus was being able to visit Odessa, which was previously cancelled, and well worth the visit. However, the real holiday highlight was Santorini!
Pam Young joined a group heading off on one of our Isle of Man walking holidays. A newcomer to Ramblers Worldwide Holidays, she was so moved that she felt inspired to compose a poem! Laura – Community Editor
Sheila Cornett enjoyed one of our walking holidays to the Orkneys and took the time to put together some images and thoughts about her trip. Laura – Community Editor
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.