Bach in the LechtalDiscover a romantic white wilderness snowshoeing in Austria's Lechtal
Austria knows how to do winter - trees heavy with snow, picturesque alpine villages, log fires and glühwein create a magical atmosphere.
At just over 1000m, the village of Bach is in a quiet valley in the northern Tirol, with the Lechtal Alps to the south and the Allgäu Alps to the north, the surrounding peaks rising to well over 2500m. The steep slopes make the immediate area unsuitable for downhill skiing, whilst the many side valleys allow access to excellent snowshoeing routes. The hotel manager is an experienced and qualified snowshoe walking leader and will lead two of our walks.
All local transport is included, allowing us to start higher - with a ride in a piste making machine to start one walk. We include a fondue lunch one day in a private mountain hut.
Want to get more of an idea of what a snowshoeing holiday is all about?
Take a look at this short video made by our hotel of one of our snowshoeing groups to get more of a flavour of this holiday!
Take a look at our other Winter Sports holidays.
- The ascent to the Muttekopf (2100m), followed by a descent through woods and across snow-covered meadows.
- Walking in pristine snow in the mountains.
- Lunch stops in alpine huts.
We stay at the small alpine village of Bach im Lechtal, high in the Austrian Tirol for 7 nights
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and airport transfers.
- Half board en-suite accommodation.
- A large breakfast buffet and four course dinner with salad buffet in the hotel.
- Services of a dedicated tour leader
We stay in the very comfortable three-star family run Hotel Grüner Baum in the centre of the village. The hotel has its own sauna, which is free to guests.
For an idea of the look and feel of the hotel, take a look at its website - currently only in German.
- Flights operate to Munich.
- Add on flights from UK regional airports from £90 return with British Airways.
- Upgrades: Business Class available, please ask for a competitive quote.
- Direct flights Manchester and Birmingham–Munich may be available (Lufthansa) but could involve a long wait at Munich in one or both directions. Seat availability is always very limited on these routes. Details and supplements available on request.
- Local travel is by road. The arrival transfer by road from Munich airport takes about 3 hours.
Weather Information Click here .
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.
With his great passion for mountains, he is to be found in Europe each summer leading our hut to hut tours, and then in winter heading for the snow. His vast knowledge of wild flowers and geology, could take him to any continent the rest of the year.