Bach in the LechtalDiscover a romantic white wilderness.
Austria knows how to do winter – snow, log fires and glühwein create a magical atmosphere. At just over 1000m, the village of Bach is in a quiet valley in the northern Tirol, with the Lechtal Alps to the south and the Allgäu Alps to the north, the surrounding peaks rising to well over 2500m. The steep slopes are unsuitable for downhill skiing, whilst the many side valleys allow access to excellent snowshoeing routes. The hotel manager is an experienced and qualified snowshoe walking leader and will lead most walks. All local transport is included, allowing us to start higher
Take a look at our other Winter Sports holidays.Highlights
- The ascent to the Muttekopf (2100m), followed by a descent through woods and across snow-covered meadows.
- Walking in pristine snow in the mountains.
- Lunch stops in alpine huts.
All Holiday Information sheets are in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader or a similar program to view these. To download Acrobat Reader visit get.adobe.com/reader.
- Return flights and transfers.
- Half board en-suite accommodation.
- A large breakfast buffet and four course dinner with salad buffet in the hotel.
- Services of a dedicated leader.
We stay in the very comfortable three-star family run Hotel Grüner Baum in the centre of the village. The hotel has its own sauna, which is free to guests.
For an idea of the look and feel of the hotel, take a look at its website - currently only in German.
- Arrival transfer by road (c3hrs).
- Flights Heathrow–Munich (c2hrs), British Airways.
- Direct flights Birmingham flights may be available (Lufthansa) but could involve a long wait at Munich in one or both directions. Seat availability is always very limited on these routes but details and supplements available on request.
- UK add on flights from £95 return, British Airways.
- Upgrades Business Class available, please ask for a competitive quote.
This page shows some of the comments and blogs that have been written about this holiday and Ramblers Worldwide Holidays in general. We are always pleased to receive feedback from our clients, to read more about this visit our feedback page.
If you would like to know more about the holiday, or have any specific questions - please send us a message using the form on the right. One of our holiday experts will get back to you with more information.
With his great passion for mountains, he is to be found in Europe each summer leading our hut to hut tours, and then in winter heading for the snow. His vast knowledge of wild flowers and geology, could take him to any continent the rest of the year.